Thursday, December 07, 2006

Um, I think your software has a few bugs

What do a Catalan operatic soprano, an Argentine concert pianist, a martyred Carmelite nun and the lead singer of the Finnish metal band Nightwish have in common?

You guessed it! They're all women I resemble, according to a free facial recognition dohickey on www.myheritage.com. You upload your photo and after a dramatic "facial scanning" animated graphic runs, it tells you which 'celebrities' you most resemble.

Take a look at my results:



I'm a bit baffled by these results. I mean, I'll take an Elisha Cuthbert comparison any day, no questions asked. But Victoria de los Angeles? Ok, maybe it's the dark eyebrows. Fine. But I really have no clue as to how I resemble Edith Stein or Tarja the rocker. Maybe because I'm not smiling? Did somebody tell them about my clashing teenage desires to either marry Axl Rose or become a nun? Anybody?

No comments: