Saturday, December 02, 2006

Inspiration

Scott and I have been on a late 60s/early 70s Brit rock kick for the past few weeks. Rockin out to The Zombies, The Kinks, Small Faces, Bubble Puppy (sent to us by Kev--thank you!) among others. Today I can't get enough of The Wizard by Uriah Heep. Check out this video (while pondering the following):

a) How terrible are they at lip syncing?

b) How awesome is the bass in this song?

c) I think the guitarist is Joe Perry from Aerosmith.

d) Is anyone else amused/disturbed by the flock of no-rhythm, jail bait groupies? Especially the girl in the black zip-up number on the left?

e) What 80's rocker comes to mind after listening to the first 45 seconds (hint: not Joe Perry)?


OK, time's up. As Kev has pointed out to me in the past, and I totally agree, doesn't Axl Rose kind of pop into your head? Just a little? Come on! Replay the video and tell me I'm right. I mean, he and David Byron even have kind of a similar look going on:


No comments: