Saturday, December 09, 2006

Amazing movie!


Spent the evening with Kristine, who had me over to her new home in Brixton, London, for some dinner, popcorn, and one of the most satisfying movies I've seen in a long while. If you don't know it, definitely check out All About Eve, which won best picture in 1950 and features smart, very funny dialogue and a gloriously bitchy Bette Davis. And also a stunning Marilyn Monroe in a small role.

Click here to listen to one of my favorite lines, where Bette Davis's character, seething and having a self-pitying tantrum, turns down an offer to go out for a drink to cool down:

"I'll admit I may have seen better days . . . but I'm still not to be had for the price of a cocktail, like a salted peanut."


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I want to eat popcorn and watch Bette Davis movies with you and Kristine! Remember the "Stone Fence" movie?

Miss you,
Amanda

CC said...

I do! I actually thought of it (and you) when I watched this movie...