Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Blog post by candlelight


I am seated in my living room keeping company with a fleet of candles wedged into empty wine bottles. I have a nice glass of Shiraz and a blanket. The power cut out about two hours ago, and I have no idea when it will return. I was in the middle of a document when it happened--a tentative lamp flicker, followed by an ominous electronic cluck and then total darkness. So now I'm writing out a blog post by hand which I'll post later on. Feels kind of like a snow day.


I actually had to go to the store for matches--thankfully the little grocery store still had power. So aside from lacking matches, a telephone and source of heat not dependent on electricity, a battery operated radio and a flashlight, it's nice to know our household is so well prepared for disaster!




No comments: