Saturday, October 14, 2006

Winkworth Aboretum

Spent a few hours at Winkworth Aboretum in Godalming today. I decided to take the scenic route there and wound up absolutely lost. The English don't believe in labeling roads, lest there be a blight on the stunning scenery. I admit it really was lovely, but I really would have loved some signage. Instead, I just kept getting more and more turned around. Finally, after TWO HOURS and a gazillion fields of cows and sheep, I found the Arboretum. I had a fortifying cup of potato leek soup with bread and butter at the cafe before setting out on a walk. Very tranquil, and interesting light, too. It was overcast and slightly misty most of the day with periodic bursts of sun filtering down. Have a look:






















































































































No comments: