Friday, May 23, 2008

Dear Sir

Last night we fell asleep on the couch watching a movie (The Last Picture Show, which was excellent). Unfortunately, we stayed sleeping there until chirping birds woke us at around 4. It's not a comfortable night's sleep. Whenever this happens, I'm always aware that I'm uncomfortable, but unable to rouse myself to do much about it. Last night I dreamed that I sent Scott a letter requesting more space, explaining the unfairness of his body taking up more room on the sofa than mine. It was on special letter headed paper. He did not respond.

The night before, while sleeping comfortably in our actual bed (pillow top mattress + feather bed + down pillows + high thread count sheets dried in the sun) I dreamed there was a terrible storm forming. The clouds were dark and churning in the sky. The wind gusts were whipping the trees to and fro, and debris was flying through the air. It was eerily beautiful and I was enjoying watching it. I spotted a great blue heron using a broken off TV antenna as a surfboard to ride the gusts. I made a mental note to report this to the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds, as it would likely be of interest to their behavioral scientists.

No comments: