Saturday, December 16, 2006

My favorite Christmas cookies

Several years ago, on an airplane, I was leafing through a found copy of Food & Wine magazine and came across what has become my absolute favorite collection of recipes for Christmas cookies. Developed by French pastry chef Pierre Hermé, these are a perfect balance between comfort and sophisitication.

Pam and I did a cookie exchange this year, and so I spent the better part of Friday churning out batches of Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies, which are unusual in that they are flavored with fleur de sel so that the end result is simultaneously sweet and savory




and classic Linzer Cookies, for which I even made my own raspberry jam.



And this is what I came away with as a result of all of my labors. Lovely, aren't they?

No comments: